Do you ever wonder sometimes if something or someone is from God? What about those questionable grey areas? We may think… he’s not a bad person; she never says anything against Jesus; or they celebrate Christmas so they must be Christians. The answer is very simple. Jesus said, “If you are not for Me, you are against Me.” There is no grey area between heaven and hell.
Matthew 12:22-32 ~ The Unpardonable Sin
Jesus said ALL our sins will be forgiven, except for the one unpardonable sin against the Holy Spirit, which will not be forgiven. This is the sin of unbelief. It is the rejection of Christ as Lord and Savior. It is knowing the truth but rejecting it; not seeking true repentance and a saving faith. We are given many chances by a patient and loving God, but at some point in our life or at our death, we will not have any more chances.
It is a stern warning from Jesus to unbelievers and counterfeit Christians:
– those who have heard the gospel but do not heed it
– those who know Jesus but do not know him as Lord
– those who have the facts in their head but no faith in their hearts
– those who have full knowledge of the gospel of Christ and continue to sin blatantly and intentionally, rejecting the Lord
– those who reject the truth, like Judas
– those who have knowledge of faith but do not have a saving faith, which is a commitment and surrender to Christ as their Savior
– those who use the name of Christ but not the true faith of Jesus
Brett Davis, founder of International Christian Surfers, made this observation upon his first visit to America:
I quickly became uncertain about just what ‘Christian words’ meant in the USA. So many claimed to be ‘Christian’ and ‘born again’.
A friend once told me he rejected Christianity because they didn’t like his lifestyle.
That’s ok, I said. Just don’t reject Jesus.